Monday, August 20, 2012

Removing old candle wax from its jar





I can't count the times I have had such cool glass jars my candles come in and after they've burnt out, I have to throw the jar away - I never knew how to remove all the wax to clean the jar and reuse, until now...

It's actually one of the most stupidly simple things to do! I laughed at myself after learning how to do it - why didn't this ever become apparent before?

List:

Pot
Boiling water
Jars with leftover candle wax

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

First step, um... boil your water!

Then, pour into your candle jar




Let sit and cool


The wax magically floats to the top and you can pull it out! (you may also use the wax to break into chunks and put in a wax burner! If your wax still smells great, why not!?)






Clean the excess smudges of wax with a sturdy cloth or paper towel.



THAT'S IT! HAHAHA - I am completely stoked! and again, so incredibly easy its ridiculous I'd never figured this out before.

No comments:

Post a Comment